The ICFHR 2014 Organizing Committee invites proposals for competitions to be held under the framework of the Conference in September 2014. Competitions should aim at evaluating the performance of algorithms and methods for a particular task of handwriting recognition.
Proposals should contain the following information:
- The names, contact information, and brief CVs of the competition organizers, outlining previous experience in performance evaluation and/or organizing competitions.
- A brief description of the competition, including which is the particular task under evaluation and why this competition could be of interest to the ICFHR community.
- A draft of the outline of the competition describing which data is planned to be used, how will the submitted methods be evaluated and which performance measures will be used.
Proposals should be submitted by electronic mail to the Competitions Chairs:
- Apostolos Antonacopoulos (A.Antonacopoulos@primaresearch.org)
- Umapada Pal (email@example.com)
- Volker Märgner (Maergner@ifn.ing.tu-bs.de)
The following rules shall apply to the accepted Competitions:
- All competitions must run well in advance of the conference.
- Datasets used in the competitions must be made available after the end of the competitions.
- Evaluation methodologies and metrics used must be described in detail so that results can be replicated later.
- Reports (full papers) on each competition will be reviewed and, if accepted (the competition run according to plan and is appropriately described), will be published in the ICFHR2014 conference proceedings.
- The results of accepted competitions will be announced during a dedicated session of the conference.
- Participants should be encouraged to present their algorithms (if not already done) in a conference paper at ICFHR 2014.
01 November 2013: Submission of competition proposals.
25 January 2014: Notification of acceptance.
01 February 2014: Competitions publicised and open to participants.
21 April 2014: Deadline for submission for review of full papers describing the competitions. Papers must be sent directly to the Competition Chairs.
12 May 2014: Camera-ready papers reporting on the competitions for inclusion in the proceedings.
If you have any query, please contact the ICFHR-2014 Competition Chairs.